Changes to the yard/ exterior of the home.
The Arch Modification process is as follows.
If you’d like to update ANYTHING outside your home, it must be approved by the HOA first.
This includes playhouses and other structures. You can find all this information in the design guidelines.
New Architectural Modifications require forms D-1 (Application) and D-2 (Neighbor's Signatures) along with 2 copies of plans (all plans must be drawn to scale and printed on the appropriate size paper that reflects a true scale) 1 scaled down to fit in the file, and colored photographs of components being used. If you are installing synthetic turf, please submit the product specifications, e.g. face weight and pile height. Plans and forms should be submitted to Nikole Suarez at the Ranch House for processing. Plans are forwarded to the landscape architect for review (current review process is approximately 4 - 6 weeks). Initial review fees are paid in escrow. There is a fee for re-submittal of plans that ranges from $75 - $100. Once your plans have been approved and installation is completed, please complete and submit form D-3 (Notice of Completion). Once this is received a final inspection will be scheduled with the landscape architect.
You will need to submit the following documents for review by the landscape architect:
1. D-1 & D-2
2. 2 copies of scaled construction drawings and 1 copy scaled down to fit in the file.
3. Check in the amount of $150 or $200 for the review fee (if it’s just the front yard or just the back yard the fee is $150 or $200 if it’s both the front and back yard), ***FOR HOMES IN THE ESTATES, ARTESIAN RIDGE, OR CERRO DEL SUR THE FEES ARE $250 for front or rear yard OR $300 for front & rear.
*** Please make checks payable to Del Sur Community Association.***
4. You can drop off the plans in the drop box located outside the front door at the Ranch House.
5. The plans will be reviewed by the architect then you will receive a letter stating the approval and conditions of the approval. You may start the job once you receive this letter.
6. PLEASE NOTE: PLANS CAN TAKE 4 - 6 WEEKS TO BE REVIEWED.
7. Once the project is completed a D3 is submitted with color photos of the completed Project.
The Design Review Committee process is as follows.
The HARD deadline for the DRC submissions is by 12 noon the Monday BEFORE the meeting. Plans submitted after that will be submitted for the next month's meeting.
Variance Requests (minor modifications) - Variance Requests are reviewed by the Design Review Committee, which meet on the second Monday of each month with a deadline for submittal on the first Monday of the month. Following are the documents that are required for review, D-4 (Variance Request) and D-2 (Neighbor Statement) forms, three color photographs (from different perspectives) of current site, plot plan, scaled drawings, samples and diagrams (as appropriate to explain improvements).
The DRC process for solar, minor landscaping changes, paint changes is as follows:
You will need to submit the following documents for review by the Design Review Committee:
1. D-2 & D-4 (BE AS DETAILED AS POSSIBLE)
2. Plans either done by you or from the company you are having the work done by. (Be sure to add photos of purposed materials and current yard/house conditions)
3. Plans can be dropped off in the drop box located outside the front door at the Ranch House (15455 Paseo Del Sur) or you can email them directly to Nikole.email@example.com .
4. The plans will be reviewed by the Design Review Committee at their meeting. You will receive a letter stating the approval and conditions of the approval after the meeting. You may start the job once you receive approval.
5. Once the project is completed a D3 is submitted with pictures of the improvements made.
• Synthetic Turf - If you are installing synthetic turf, a sample of the product specifications are required.
• Satellite Dishes - If you are installing a satellite dish, please note, you are encouraged to hide the dish behind home elements, chimneys, etc., to minimize visibility from the street.
Design Guidelines_Final Draft--w Estate
D-1 Property Improvement Application
D-2 Neighbor Statement
D-3 Notice of Completion
D-4 Variance Request
Sample Submittal for Solar
Sample Submittal for Satellite
Sample Submittal for Minor Renovations
Sample Submittal for Initial Landscape
Quick Reference Guide - Setback requirements
Approved-Prohibited Plant List
Wooden Fence Colors FENCE COLORS
Del Sur Concrete Color CONCRETE COLOR FORMULA